Prince of Peace Lutheran (LCMS)
You can now give online! Check out the offerings page for instructions on how to give one time or set up a recurring gift.
The slides for Pastor Chris's zoom bible study can be below:
Preschool & Childcare
The preschool is closed for the summer. However, our Child Care Center remains open. If you know of someone who needs child care, let them know we are open.
From Pastor Chris
Here is what we will be doing to ensure your safety who attend these services this weekend:
1. When you come, we will be having the doors open to the church and sanctuary. An elder or myself will be near the doors greeting you and giving you some direction.
2. We have taped off the pews for social distancing.
3. All hymnals and other items have been taken out of the pews and we will just use the screens only. If anyone really wants to use a hymnal for the music, we can give you one to use for the service. We will have no bulletins.
4. We will not pass the offering plate, but have a box in the back where you can place your envelopes or money.
5. For Communion, we will have a continuous communion with ushers releasing people. We will explain the process when you come.
6. REGARDING MASKS, I strongly urge you to wear masks. As some of you know, I had an uncle pass away this past week. It was a powerful reminder of the loss and sorrow that comes with death. I put my trust in the Lord for protection over all of you who will come and will be praying His protection over all of you, but if any of you were to get really sick and pass away, it would be devastating. I went through it with my aunt and family this week.
What we have to keep in mind is that we do have members who would love to come to church but because of underlying health conditions or age or other considerations would be awfully leery about coming if people are not taking every precaution for their health. Therefore, I just ask you to consider your fellow members as much as you can in making the decision to come this weekend and the precautions you take in coming. We will have masks available for you if any of you are in need of them. I will be wearing a mask for the distribution of communion.
7. After the service, the elders will be releasing you pew by pew. Once again, we will have no fellowship, Bible study or Sunday school following worship.
8. The church then will be cleaned between services. If anyone would be willing to help with the cleaning after service, we would appreciate it.
Blessings in Christ,
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)