Greetings again in Christ:
I hope and pray this day finds you well. I wanted to send out another update on things from Prince of Peace.
1. As I am sure you know, Governor Evers yesterday issued the “Safe at Home” order. You might assume this means we can no longer meet as the church in any capacity. However, if you look in the order itself, it does still allow for religious groups to meet under the rule of 10. I have given this much prayer and still want to offer you as the members of Prince of Peace the opportunity to worship together albeit in a limited and smaller capacity. I know some of you will disagree with this decision, and I pray desperately that I am not putting the Lord to the test or putting people in unnecessary harm because of this, but I feel strongly that we need to offer some kind of in-person gathering at this time. The government may deem us non-essential as the church, but our Lord would say otherwise.
Now with that being said, please do not misunderstand me. By all means, do not feel any obligation to take me up on this offer if you have reservations about this. If you are one of our older members, PLEASE stay home for now. If you have a compromised immune system, PLEASE stay home for now. If you are going to be around someone that may be in those categories and potentially bring it to them, PLEASE think twice about coming.
It would be the last thing I would ever want is for someone to get sick by exposure through church.
As of right now, I have no knowledge of anyone in the church who has tested positive. We have had several people who have been ill recently, but they have all tested negative.
2. How this will work? I will continue to hold the half-hour services under the same parameters as last week. Saturday-3-6, Sunday 8-12. I am requesting that those of you who participated last week can stay in your same groups and we can add others by request. The reason for this is if, for any reason, someone comes up positive for this virus. I can alert first and foremost those folks you worshiped with and those close to that time.
Last week, I wiped down the pews and communion rail between sessions with Lysol wipes. I also put communion on individual plates to limit exposure and my touching of it. I am planning on having a mask available to wear if any of you would feel better about that action for communion. Please contact me to reserve a time again at 262-977-5077.
3. The Lent service for today- It has now been posted on our website and you can watch it as you have time. Also, you can see some other things added to our site, such as a taping of “Jesus Loves me” for our church children and a little Bible story. I also recorded the brief message I did this weekend for the half-hour sessions. Check that out as your devotion for the day.
4. This afternoon I am hoping to tape and upload my Bible study on our website.
5. Last weekend, hopefully you got the opportunity to view our worship service online. I am sorry about the audio problem in the middle of my sermon. We had a camera glitch out in the middle, so we lost a little bit of my sermon. We will have the service posted again this weekend, hopefully by Saturday.
6. Also, I floated an idea on Sunday to the group about opening up our church to families using the gym. I think given this new order and the input of the Council and Elders, we will refrain from that thought for now.
7. Also, Dawn Davis has had some Zoom meetings with folks about the PURE products. If you would like to set one up with her, contact her at 262-383-1794.
8. The food bank is still in need of donations if you would have the time and money. They only request that you drop off the donations directly at Holy Communion at this time. Just a reminder: I do still have those gift cards available for groceries if anyone needs them, as well as some food at the church.
I am going to call that good for today. There will be more communications to come. Continue to be in prayer for our church, nation, and world. Also please remember in your prayers all those who still have to go out and work and put themselves in harm’s way to serve us and provide us services or food at this time.
Here is your Scripture for the day:
NIV 2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
Peace be with you,
Pastor Chris Lockie